Our family is safe. We are not at risk for flooding. We are as far away from the river as you could be living in Moorhead.
That said, we are dealing with our own issues at casa de Stafford.
1. The kids are bored. You can only be inside for so long. It's not been warm enough to play outside so they are getting stir crazy. Everything is closed. Even the library which would be a perfectly decent place to take the kids is, you guessed it, closed.
2. Kate is sick. I finally brought her in today for a strep test. It came back negative, but she feels very miserable and has a high fever. Poor kid.
3. Brady is no longer a good sleeper at night. I am ready to scream. He wakes up at least twice a night these days, and the only thing that will appease him is moi. As in my milk. As in only this one person and this one body can make it better. He gets very upset when I put him back to bed. It's taking more and more trips to his room at night to get him to sleep.
He is becoming more averse to his crib. I am not sure what to do at this point. All I know is that I am tired.
4. We miss Thad. He is working many hours these days. In typical child fashion, they are taking everything out on me. I am the bad parent, I am the mean mom, and I am the bad guy. I love how they blame everything on the present parent. Sheesh.
5. We have no school all week. I was prepared to hop a flight to AZ to be with my friend's family, but ultimately I didn't feel confident that I could do it alone with two hands, four kids, and one who relies solely on me for everything.
So here we are, grateful for good health (mostly), a safe home (that is becoming a disaster), and close-by loved ones (except for daddy), and the ability to complain about things in life that really don't matter. Thanks for letting me vent!