Tuesday, December 29, 2009

sometimes

Sometimes the things that come out of Kate's mind baffle me…..

Kate was drinking some General Foods International Coffee cocoa tonight. She coughed and 'cocoa' got all over the table.

I casually asked, "Did it go down the wrong hole?" Wow did that throw Miss Kate for a loop.

Kate: "I don't know what you mean."

Me: "When you swallowed, did it feel like it was going into a hole other than your throat?"

Kate: "I don't know what you're talking about."

By now I am laughing…"Forget it Kate."

Kate after a pause: "Which hold do we use?"

Now I am really laughing, because Kate is so innocently dingy. I hadn't realized at this point that she isn't being dingy, she just has no clue.

Kate: "Let's google two holes in your mouth."

I oblige, because really, I need graphics at this point. So we look at photos. I show her the trachea and esophagus. I show her which one takes in air versus food. I remind her of my choking crisis last March. We have a good conversation. Her final response?

Kate: "Kinda dumb."

Kate, Olivia, and Brady were just bathing. Olivia says, "Oh yuck, Brady's penis." Kate: "Olivia they're his privates. He can do whatever he wants with them."



2 comments:

Erin said...

OMG, I can't stop laughing! You've said it before, but it bears repeating: you just can't make this stuff up! Good for you for seizing the teachable moment about the two holes in your mouth.

Vicky said...

I have to fight the urge to laugh sometimes because the kids are so innocent in their questions and comments... but as Kate proves... so, so funny too!

I think you could write a book based on all of their sayings!!