Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Two peas in a pod
Of our four children, Olivia is the one who seems the most like me.
Here is why:
1. Olivia talks non-stop. I tell her that all the time. My dad used to tell me (in his loving way of course) that I never shut up.
2. Olivia is the pickiest eater I know. I was always the pickiest eater.
3. My dad and I clicked early on. I learned that with my dad, I could...well...influence his decisions more than the other people in our family. Olivia is the same way. Thad is getting wrapped tighter and tighter around her chubby four year old finger.
4. Olivia is funny. I have been told I have a good sense of humor.
5. Olivia loves music. I love music. She can take any song on the radio, and start singing the lyrics in no time.
6. She has a good memory for things. I have a good memory.
7. She is friendly to everyone she encounters. I have always been very outgoing.
8. She is such a little ragamuffin. My bet is that I was too.
9. Olivia tries to make the best excuses as to why she can't clean. I mastered that at a young age.
10. Olivia calls it as she sees it. I call it as I see it.
11. She is a tough cookie, but it doesn't take much to have her feelings hurt. Ditto for me.
12. The final reason??? My best friend Stephanie who spent more time with me than anyone else as a child met her last year. After five minutes Steph said, "She is a Bonnie junior. She has to be in the center of attention doesn't she?"