Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ryan saved the day

Ryan woke me up this morning at 6:30am. I had to be at work for a 7:10am meeting. Mr. Rise and shine was wondering why I wasn't up and at 'em yet. Uh...I guess you have to turn on the alarm to wake up.
So I bolted out of bed, hopped in the shower, scrunched my hair, and applied makeup. Ryan comes in to the bathroom to see if I needed help. I was buck naked (scary to envision I know) and told him I was fine. He said, "but your back is all wet." Ryan proceeded to grab a towel and dry off my sorry looking backside.
Then he went downstairs and made me coffee. In the coffee maker. I kid you not. He poured me a bowl of cereal, got my breast pump stuff out of the dishwasher, and gathered more bottles for me.
My little man saved the day for me. We left the house at 7am. He wanted to be dropped off at Jo's to enjoy a little early morning time with her. How could I deny him that after all he had done? I made it to work and the meeting on time. I enjoyed a fabulous cup of coffee made by my son. I looked rested, and was clean.
Ladies, you wonder how I do it. That is how. I flub my way through the days and rely on my children to take care of me. How is that for being on the ball?!

7 comments:

HHLSS said...

Can I have Ryan???

Vicky said...

Bonnie, that is so precious and sweet! No wonder the girls are calling : ) I love these stories of yours.

Unknown said...

WOW!!! You are so lucky. What a great kid is right!

Melissa said...

What a great story, Bonnie! I think my sons would be rather shell-shocked to see my in the nude...There's alot more Mama to see. Yikes!!
Is there any worse feeling than when you have totally overslept???? OK, I'm sure there are probably some...
Isn't it amazing how quickly you can actually get out the door on a day like that, though?
Why can't Sunday mornings be like that is what I wanna know...

Erin said...

Tell Ryan how you bragged about him, and then tell him how totally proud I am of him! I'm going to read your post to Grant. Maybe it will inspire him...

ABCDH said...

Cutest thing ever! He deserves a little extra TLC from Mom this weekend.
You must be doing something right, Bonnie!

Anonymous said...

What a good kid Bon! This is also a sign of a good parent you know... :)