I thought I would clear the air with a little dog update, since so many of you posted thoughts...
1. I like the dog. I don't love her.
2. Thad adores her. He has been working tirelessly with her, bless his heart. I think he has placed an extra burden on himself since he sprung her on me/us.
3. Thad was home all day with the now sick Kate (H1N1 sucks!), and he has made progress with Maggie.
4. I walked in tonight as Thad left. That's pretty typical for us on hockey nights. I get frustrated, because I am already caring for a one year old, a four year old, and a sick seven year old, and now, a puppy. It's a lot more to take on even though you wouldn't think so. Oh well.
Other things causing me stress:
1. Missing MORE work due to illness. It just stinks. It's not like I can call in leave my job behind. Lesson planning for a 90 minute block class is not simple. Most importantly, my girl is sick. Poor thing.
2. I am out of my classroom again on Thursday and Friday. Eek.
3. The school levy vote tomorrow. Our district is in bad fiscal shape. State funding has not risen, but costs have. We cut lots and lots of teaching positions last year. My highest class has 41 kids. My children's elementary classes are too large. If this levy doesn't pass, I fear where things will go. In my opinion, this isn't political.
No one wants taxes to go up. There is no good time for it to happen. But for my children, and the future of Moorhead (including other people's children, value of homes*, and a continued standard of excellence), I pray it passes.
*when I say value of homes, I mean that if it fails, I can't see selling a home here to be as easy as it would to in, say, Fargo.
Regardless of what happens, each person is (as always) entitled to their own opinion. I just happen to post mine since it's my blog. I encourage everyone to vote. Our founding fathers wanted us to do this! (Like my little "go history" pitch? Ah if only my students would appreciate it.)