Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Give me a break

A few things I heard yesterday from Ryan: (I will leave out names)

~Mom, such and such that he is taking his flag down if Obama wins.

~Mom, my bus driver told me Obama might get assassinated.

~Mom, such and such said that if Obama wins, we will have to go to school on Saturdays.

~Mom, such and such said that if Obama wins, he is going to take guns out of people's homes.

I can't believe think that a) one person alone can wreak havoc on the United States. Hello does anyone remember our government's system called checks and balances!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? b) why would people suddenly hate their own country over what our founding fathers set in place? An election to let the voters decide.

On another note, I hope you all caught John McCain's speech last night. It was so, so, so amazing. I was just so impressed. He is a good guy. Heck, aren't they all?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie,

Those kids are also talking to my kid, so we had similar comments to talk about last night and this morning. What are parents saying?!? I really don't get it...do they want to freak their kids out or do they really not "get it"?

On a separate note...just want to thank you for your blog...it is a great way to stay up-to-date with you and your family. :o)

Elizabeth