Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A few things...

First of all, I hope you all get out and vote. Regardless of your positions on politics, this is too historical to describe. Just last year I was still telling my students I didn't think I would ever see a man of color or a woman in the White House. I am thrilled to be wrong regardless of the results!

Secondly, thank you Ria for posting my little pumpkin Brady on your blogsite. If you aren't familiar with her photography (I am certain you are!), go to: www.rialeephotography.com and click her blog. Ria you are amazing, and I am so grateful that you captured my beautiful baby as a five day old.....

Thirdly, remember how I have been complaining of Kate and Olivia's horrid behavior at supper lately? Well as I was entering school on Friday to help in Katie's classroom, the school counselor stopped me and told me I had to see what Kate made. Their class made a book on feelings. Try and figure this out:

I wasn't sure what "yacey" was, but Maret told me she wrote "I feel yucky." She then asked Kate was was in her mouth. My guess was vomit or boogers, but my dear Kate said, "Peas!" I guess she really does hate that stuff, not that I blame her!

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Ha! Kate's picture is a flashback for me! My mother was determined that I would sit until my peas were gone. So between the cold peas and the warm milk that had been sitting awhile... I gulped them down only to choke and gag and have them spew all over the table!!! Its the last time I was forced although I still got the "glare." And today I don't mind peas a bit!

I'm going to go look at Brady's photos now! I just know already they will be breathtaking! And yes, Rick and I went and dutifully canceled each other out... but its still a privilege I am grateful for!

Vicky said...

WOW, they are amazing pictures. The yawning one and then the one with his arm over his head... you are going to have a hard time deciding!!!

TBRKO said...

Cool! Thad and I canceled each other out too.

ABCDH said...

No way, Bill and I cancelled eachother out as well!
Too funny!
And...the "yucky" picture made me laugh out loud.

Erin said...

Okay, so I want to know...will you still insist that Kate eat her peas?

TBRKO said...

Here is what is so funny, Erin. I would give her the tiniest pea pod and that would be it! It wasn't like she had a pile of peas. I hate peas, but when I buy a frozen veggie pack, I give her literally one or two tiny veggies to eat.