Reflecting on being back at work this week I forgot:
1. ...how much I love my job AND colleagues. There is nothing like seeing my school family again.
I had forgotten what a huge part of my life they are for 9ish months a year.
2. ...what a fun buzz there is in the air each fall before school starts. It will continue for awhile. Think back to your high school years: football games, new clothes, meeting new teachers, seeing friends, Homecoming, and whatever else comes to mind for you.
3. ...how fulfilling it is for me to work. I have written this before, but each summer, I am so glad to be a full time mom without having a full time job to accompany it. Then comes August, and I feel the itch to be around other moms who also work, juggle kids, activities, and hubbies who sometimes forget that us moms do more than our fair share.
4. ...how much more organized I have to become when I am back at work. I just returned from the grocery store with a weeks worth of meals, snacks, and all the stuff that I won't have time to get during the week.
5. ...how much being 35 weeks pregnant sucks when you have to wear nice clothes to work. I wish I could wear my yoga shorts there.
6. ...how excited my own kids are at the thought of returning to school. I LOVE the excitement in their faces.
On the other hand I forgot...
1. ... the guilt I feel when I realize how much I love working, being with other adults, and really feeling that fulfilled.
2. ...how much I realize that miss without being with my kids all day.
3. ...how Thad must feel all year round since he doesn't get a summer vacation.
4. ...the constant pull I feel between motherhood and work. I do not like that.