Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 Update

The verdict is still out on 2011. My mood has wavered between stressed to crabby to frustrated. And, for those of you who really know me, that's not my style. My closest friends hear me complain more than I should, but my overall outlook on life is not that way.
Anyway here's an update. I'll let you decide. Date night was a success! Thad and I had three hours to ourselves. We got him some new jeans (that he never did show me) and a new suit for court. The weekend then consisted of three hockey games, Ryan reffing three games, figure skating, an intense public tantrum by Brady, being greeters at church, a birthday party for the girls, a bad cold for Olivia, and Thad getting paged out a 3am on Monday morning.
I did get out for an hour by myself on Monday to a private party at the store MODE for those of us who train at Healthpros. I got these cute pajamas and a scarf.
Tuesday morning we were good parents and sent Olivia to school with her horrible cold (really colds are common so that's not a huge issue) and about five spots on her face. I did call the nurse and asked her too look at her. She thought it might be acne (on a five year old?), but since she said no worries, I forgot about it. Left work, picked up the kids, got Olivia dolled up and to north Fargo by 4:15 for dance/dance photos, trekked back home, made supper, realized that both Olivia and Brady had a fever, ran to Cash Wise for some gatorade, and cleaned up. Thad came home from out of town, played with Brady, and then he and Ryan left for hockey. I put the little kids to bed at 7:15, listed to Spud hockey on the radio, and read.
By the time Thad and Ryan got home at 9pm, I had noticed that our house wasn't heating. Nice. We just had our furnace serviced a month ago. Our house is six years old. Lovely. Thad called someone to come out at got fixed after I was asleep, but when Olivia came in during the night, I realized it wasn't working again.
Today starteFd out well. My 7am work meeting was held at the Fryin Pan. I got to school and met with another teacher to finalize the details on a huge project we created for our Arts Integration grant. I set it up, went to check on computer availability, and saw some girls hugging...or wait maybe not. They were fighting! Mrs. Stafford went into another mode, and truthfully, I can't remember much, but apparently I yelled a lot to stop, and got in between them (on the ground) as a huge chunk of hair came off one girl's head. I was holding the hair grabber's arm and kept repeating for her to let go. No words were exchanged between these girls. The only voice was mine and some boy trying to pull one girl off. At one point I remembered saying I was teacher...maybe to prevent my hair from coming out???
Finally I opened hair puller's hands and got it off other girl's hair. At that point one other teacher was holding a girl back down the hall, and another was holding the girl who lost hair chunks. I was then (I think) restraining my girl....and then 'security' came. I was told that the look in my girl's eyes was pretty scary, but I can't remember. Honestly if you put those three girls in front of me, I wouldn't recognize them. I have no idea who they were.
Okay...Mrs. Stafford needs to regroup and teach right? I get into my class, hands completely shaking, and I'm feeling woozy. Violence doesn't turn my crank one bit. As a matter of fact I loathe it. The kids in the back of the class heard me yelling, and maybe saw it....I'm not sure. I think they thought it was funny.
The day wore on, I continued to teach, found out my Brady has some eye issue which is now being treated, found out my Olivia has a possible staph infection that requires medicine in her nose (???) and antibiotics, I ran to the ortho to pick up my new splint since Brady must have flushed mine down the toilet, worked some more, picked up the kids, brought them to church, came home, made supper, just educated one of my children on what suppositories are, watched the other three see a show of said child debating whether to try one, and here I sit.
Thad is working late to avoid taking a sick day, everyone needs baths, and I just ate seven biscuits after supper. It's cold outside, going to get colder, and I told Thad that I may just take my three kids on a trip since he and Ryan are never home.
If you hear in my next post that I am in Orlando with my kids in the next post, don't be surprised. 2011 is not my year as of yet!


Kara said...

I am ready to get some sunshine as well. Let me know when you go and Kate and I will meet you there!

ABCDH said...

Amen to that. Call me when the flight leaves.

Erin said...

Oh my had one hell of a day. I got tired just reading about it. Hang in there, sis; love you!

Stephanie said...

You are a superhero in every way possible. I hope the new year starts to turn around for you....soon. Maybe when the snow melts? I have seen some pictures and you guys are buried in it!!

DFluge said...

I am woman hear me roar! Cute PJ's BTW! :o)