Sunday, December 7, 2008

Typical me...




Ryan had a pretty darn nice birthday weekend. We had our family over on Friday evening. He got his coveted Gopher jersey, the Harry Potter collection, the Pat Benetar CD he has been begging for (no lie), a hand made hockey mobile made by cousin Grant, the game LIFE, a sweatshirt, and a PS2 game.

The pink thing is Kate. Just like her mother did as a child, she pouted because she didn't get presents. Every picture from my sister's birthdays had little Bonnie scowling, crying, or sticking my tongue out. I had to put this in!
I created a scavenger hunt for him to get his big present from us. I was so proud. I had it all in place. There were clues planted all over the house. My sister was pretty impressed with me, and I have to admit, I was secretly impressed with myself as well...
Typical Bonnie, however, just never quite gets things right. I ended up putting all the clues in the wrong place. Instead of putting the clues for where Ryan should go next, I skipped one and put all the clues in the spot where he should have looked. Thad totally kept making comments about horrible it was of me. He was kidding, but finally I told him that at least I do stuff like this. It honestly started to tick me off! Erin and I were totally laughing, because it was a total disaster.
I finally straightened it out, and Ryan got his big present: tickets to go to the cities next weekend to see the Gophers play at Mariucci with his dad. He really wasn't too impressed. Thad reminded me that he will be very excited next weekend when they actually go. Once again, next weekend it will be all the young kids and me. That is the story of my life it seems, but I will vent about that in another post.
Yesterday was his friend party. We had about 15 kids at a hotel pool. It was very fun. Some friends helped us out with extra eyes and hands which was so nice. All the boys were wonderful!
The theme was Sioux vs. Gophers.
Today we skipped church--oops! I had a headache, Ryan had a game, Kate had a party, and Ryan and Thad were going to a Fargo Force game, so stuff had to get done. I think I have done about 9 loads of laundry. If I do a few loads a day, I can stay on top of it. Skipping even one or two loads a day backs us up. This is one of the many issues I am concerned about once I return to work...but I won't talk about that either or I might cry.

2 comments:

ABCDH said...

Have I mentioned how much I adore and admire you? Reading your posts gives me energy to be the kind of Mom I want to be: hands on and on the ball.
And, Pat Benetar rocks.

Erin said...

Aww...what a great post! You captured all the joy and craziness of the weekend. I don't know how you do it all, but I am ALWAYS impressed that you do it with a smile and are still able to carve out time for yourself. Love ya, sis!