Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Our week

Our two weeks without Daddy is coming to a close. He will be here late tomorrow night. I have actually enjoyed my alone time with the kids. I find that I have much more patience when I have no one else to help out. I also give up on the house (more than I normally do) to just enjoy them & hang out.
Ryan & Grant took part in our church tenebrae service tonight. It was very cool--other than when Jesus was on the cross Olivia kept saying, "Hi Jesus!" only it sounded like "Hi Cheesy." It was a serious moment of course, and she was the only one making a sound. Go figure....
Kate told me today that she learned in preschool that "A long, long time ago when people died they were really stinky. So when Jesus died they gave him spices to smell good." Hmmmm...
As for me, tomorrow I am having my first ever massage. My mom got me a gift certificate for Christmas. I have always been a little afraid to try it, but right now I am feeling ready for it. After that I am having my hair colored! Yippee!
On Friday we are heading down to Sioux Falls to watch a couple of Spuds play hockey for a Jr. league team. We are going to be staying at a hotel with the Christian's. (one of the player's) It will be fun to get away, swim, and do something for once.
I have not done one thing for Easter. Obviously I have to get going because this is the mother's job! I don't believe in buying Easter dresses most of the time because it's always freezing! It just seems like such a waste. The kids can't wear them. If they do, they are so dang cold! Not to mention, my kids get them stained right away. So it will be a low key holiday.
Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: