Dang I guess I've been abandoning my blog, not that very many people read it. Here's what's been going on:
1. Work. I have a big thing going on at work this week. It's really too much to explain, but it will involve professional videographers in my class all week. I've also been told The Forum might be there. Uh lovely.
2. Vacation. Last weekend I went to Phoenix to spend a lovely weekend with my two dear friends, Elli and Melissa. We watched the Royal Wedding--yes we cared about it! We layed by and in the pool, drank a bit, hiked a bit, ate a lot, played Mexican Train, and shopped a bit. True to staying in relaxation mode, I showered only once.
3. Mother's Day. I have to admit I got teary this morning when only my two girls gave me cards and plants they made at school. Ryan pulled through though by giving me a nice card he also made at school. That kid does NOT like to share anything with me. At all. I made him tell me he loved me, but he couldn't look me in the eye.
The rest of the day was spent painting. I touched up the walls in our house, Thad painted my bathroom, and I painted our two front doors. I have never really painted. I was proud, but it looked like crap. Thad had to go over it again. I guess I didn't use enough paint. Live and learn. He was gracious about it.
4. Prom. Last night I chaperoned Prom. The kids were told they could NOT grind this year. There were strict rules. I left after grand march so I didn't have to deal with it. I think it's funny that us adults don't understand grinding, and the kids don't know how to dance otherwise. I took the angle of "do you really want to see your teachers grind?" Dumb Bonnie...they said, "Yes that would be great!" Uh no thanks. I don't need some dude essentially masturbating against me for four hours straight. Ewwww.
5. Thad. Thad is going to AZ this weekend. My friend and I surprised our husbands with a golf weekend. He is excited to get away and play a lot of golf.
6. Olivia. Olivia turns the big 6 on Tuesday. Of course I am most excited about the treats I've ordered for her. Kris thank you! I can't wait to share photos. Where has the time gone?