Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom



Happy Birthday to my wonderful, thoughtful, and uber caring mother. To this day she still: cuts strawberries for me, sews any loose buttons, hems my pants, and makes our family a good old fashioned baked turkey with all the fixings meal quite often.
She has taken all of my children to preschool since she retired. She goes to many of her grandchildren's sporting events, plays, swimming lessons, and anything else that they are a part of.
She lends us her car when one of us takes a road trip just so we don't use our "lease miles."
She watched Brady fulltime (until her hip gave out and needed to be replaced), but hey, she tried!
SHE PUTS UP WITH MY FATHER. Enough said.
She has come with our family twice to Florida, and has also caught the "I love Disney World" bug that I can't seem to shake. She and I both think that next summer we must return so we can see Brady enjoy the truly Magical place.

We are total opposites. If she thinks I might like an article of clothing or shoes, 95% of the time I don't. She gets very frustrated with me, and I certainly don't blame her. Thankfully, my mom decided to keep me.

Happy 66th Birthday Mom. I love you!

2 comments:

ABCDH said...

Your Mom is a real, genuine "mom" mom. You know??
Happy Birthday!

Erin said...

She's the absolute greatest. We love you, MOM!!!