Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I did it!

Did I do anything earth shattering? Well...no, but I did finally bake my first ever chicken. It took ten years of marriage, three children, and a summer vacation to get the courage to try it. Everyone was right: it is easy. I think I could even do it during the school year. For some reason, I have had this vision of hours of slaving, seasoning, and doing whatever it takes to make a good chicken. Ha!
In other news, Olivia and I went to Pout Baby Boutique today. We picked up a 1st birthday present for my friend Melissa's daughter Emerson. What a cute store! I saw lots of fun things that I could use when our baby arrives. If you haven't gone yet, check it out. Thanks again Kris for removing the tags, putting it in a cute bag, AND using cute tissue paper. I can cross gift wrap off the list!
We will be heading to the cities this weekend to celebrate Emmy's birthday. What should be a weekend away by myself will be a family trip now. Melissa's parents will be there from AZ, and I want my kids to see them again. It might be a little stressful, but the goal is to have the fun override the rest.

2 comments:

ABCDH said...

Call me to say hello. I'll email you my number.
Drive safely.

TBRKO said...

Sounds great...email me and I will. I will try to call tomorrow.