Saturday, March 27, 2010

Well

Maggie went to live with a new family today. It's been a bittersweet week. She has been so good. Maggie is the best cuddler. I didn't know a big dog could be so tactile. I miss her.
Thad says he is fine, but I can sense some resentment. I can't blame him, and I hope he won't be bothered with me forever.
On another note, today my friend Jenny and I went to Albertville. Thad has been gone so much that we decided to get away. It was fun to gab, giggle, and of course, shop! I even bought a cute and slightly out of character dress for Vegas. What's funny is that it's nothing too reckless, but I am one boring dresser.
I was ready to see my family after my twelve hour absence. The house is quieter than I like it. I expected Maggie to clobber me upon my arrival. I hope she is happy where she is at. I still don't fee like we've seen the last of her. Call it denial, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got her back....she is sort of a handful, and we found out that this new family has another dog. A small dog. Yikes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Bonnie-your post made me feel sad. Are you doing okay?

TBRKO said...

I am okay, but Thad isn't as much...hopefully it will get better.
I think more than anything I feel guilty. I feel guilty that I am enjoying not yelling "Down, Off, No" or whatever else I have to say....

Unknown said...

I felt the same way after our trial run but also know it was right because of that.

Vicky said...

I am sure you all will move on okay in time... it is sad and yet I am sure Maggie's new family will give her an equally loving home as yours :)

TBRKO said...

I have had a few people suggest that if we really liked having a pet maybe we should look into a smaller one. I am sure even my parents would be willing to watch a dog that wasn't so huge and crazy....wonder what Thad would think of that.

Dr. J said...

Just don't get a pug...google dog couch potato and pick from that list.
~R