Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The latest

I just returned from my doctor's appointment.  Not a dang this has changed...well except that I might be thinned out a bit more.  I am going in again next Wednesday. If I am 'ready' he will induce me on Thursday.  If my body isn't ready, he will cancel the induction.  Knowing me, Thad asked if I hounded the doctor. I really didn't! He offered.
Part of me wants to hold out for natural labor. I haven't experience that before...well going naturally that is.  But, I have Group B Strep, so it's nice knowing I would get a full two rounds of antibiotics prior to delivery. That means baby would not likely get meningitis or anything.  I am also terrified of going through what AJ went through: a very fast, very painful labor. 
Believe me, I will be thrilled to go into labor naturally prior to next week. The likelihood that it will happen, however, is slim. 


Jenay said...

I am glad that you posted an update, as I have been checking your blog more than usual. I will be thinking about you and praying that all goes quick and easy for you. Take Care!

Vicky said...

Well I too will be thinking good thoughts for a safe delivery in whatever way it will choose to come! Take care and thanks for the update!

ABCDH said...

I am on edge with anticipation.

I was also positive for Group B strep and did not receive any antibiotics because of the quick labor. I was completely freaked out for the first week of Laila's little life. My suggestion is if you do go "naturally" head in ASAP to get prepped in plenty of time.

Ooooooh, I can't wait!!