Friday, December 29, 2006

A few observations...







Last night I decided that Olivia no longer needed her pacifier. So that was that. Was it that easy for her? Uh......no. But we made it through the night and nap time. Tonight will be a big test. Now if we could get her to sleep in her crib all night long....I have a feeling it will be a LONG time before that issue is dealt with!



Being home for Christmas break has allowed me to take the time to truly evaluate my children. Ryan remains very independent. I practically have to beg him to play a game with me. He has his own agenda and, unfortunately I don't fit into it. No matter what we ask/tell him to do, there is some sort of fight involved. If he were to go to bed the first time we told him, I might fall over!


Kate likes to complain. Nothing is fair, she can't "do it" (whatever "it" may be), and she "hates" everything. Ironically, she is still very easy to please, AND she does what we tell her. I hope this little complaining phase ends soon!


Olivia fascinates me. She is in a huge mommy phase. If she wants something, it's "Mommy, mommy, mommy, etc." Tonight Kate was sitting on me and boy did Olivia get angry. She has been territorial over me the last few days. Hopefully that won't last. Oh, and she still cries at the drop of a hat. I was a tough cookie as a child too, but it didn't take much to get me to cry. I am wondering if this is Olivia. You can barely tell her anything without a bawling session.



Even if no one is reading this, I guess it's at least theraputic for me! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Bonnie,
I'm reading these daily! You're such a "real" writer--funny and completely yourself in print. I'm loving it. Your photos are great, too. I don't think I've ever even analyzed my kids the way you have--wanna take a stab at mine?

Erin

TBRKO said...

Erin--I am writing 1/10 of what I observe. Maybe that's why I have problems sleeping...I over think!
Take care

Unknown said...

I think there are quite a few people reading your "life" comments. It's great to be able to keep up on family. Keep it up!

Mike