Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blooper of the Day

and yes...I did it.

To set it up, we are talking about the Roaring Twenties in history. We had gone through everything, and the next topic was the music...you know the jazz age. I mentioned George Gershwin, Duke Ellington, and Louis Armstrong. I mentioned that one of the was a famous pianist. That got the boys laughing. And then they kept saying it.
I looked at a boy--knowing in my head to say give it up--but I said, "Grow it up!"

Yes me. I told a boy talking about a pianist (use the mind of a fifteen year old to have it sound different) and then imagine the class's reaction to hear grow it up.

Lovely!

6 comments:

ABCDH said...

Whoopsie Daisy!

Anonymous said...

I love it! =)

Tami

Stephanie said...

Awesome!! Did you stay composed? I would have had a hard time not cracking up myself......

TBRKO said...

Oh no. I covered my face and laughed...just another day being me I guess. :)

Vicky said...

I would have been totally blushing and laughing all at once... gotta love the "Freudian slips."

Unknown said...

CANNOT wait for my children to be taught by you!!! xoxo