Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Update: this is a picture of Giggy (on the left) and Chad Olson (another teacher). They brought a box of pink cigars, roses, and balloons. Some of his comments about me:
1. Stafford retains more water than the Devil's Lake basin when she's pregnant.
2. Give Stafford a baby to hold, and she has a baby nine months later.
3. You look like a human speed bump.
4. I am going to call social services since O.G. isn't enrolled in violin lessons yet.
5. Next year Olivia Grace gets a pony.
6. I just feel bad for Thad.....for having to put up with you
Don't worry, the banter between us went both ways. There is a facebook group about him already. 600 kids and counting have signed up to be a part of it.
My colleague & possibly a former teacher to you or a spouse, Kurt Gigstad, passed away this morning. It was not expected. For those of you who remember him (AJ do you remember always talking to him by our locker?) he was the funniest guy. He was also the most caring guy I know. He visited me just two hours after Olivia was born. He brought her a gift when she turned two. We were so thrilled to watch him become a grandpa in February. I could go on and on about the Gigster, but the theme is the same: He genuinely cared for others, and in turn, we all loved him. Our department will never be the same.
Please go to the Wright Funeral Home website and leave any kind thoughts or memories to share with his family.